Wander Like the Israelites
This 30-mile backpack journey will take you from Jericho to Jerusalem through the gorgeous Wadi Qelt. This trip includes camping on the Jericho trail, camping and experiencing the culture of the Bedouins, and exploring the wilderness where the Israelites wandered for 40 years.
Float 1,300 feet below sea level in the mesmerizing Dead Sea.
Take a dip in the blue waters of the Sea of Galilee.
Camp under the desert stars with the Bedouin tribes.
- Daypack (no more than 40 L)
- Quick dry underwear that you can wash in sink/shower
- Hiking pants or shorts or zipoffs (whatever you are most comfortable with)
- Modesty kit for women= scarf and long skirt or long pants
- Modesty kit for men= long pants
- Lightweight pullover and lightweight pants for cool nights
- Plastic bags for wet clothes
- Flip flops or sandals to wear at night/in the shower
- Travel size toiletries (shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, etc)
- Swim suit
- Chargers with adapters and converters
- Snacks (trail mix, nuts, granola bars, etc)
- 2 water bottles
- Hand sanitizer
- Antibacterial wet wipes
- Personal spending money
- Hiking poles
- Quick-dry towel
- Camera and accessories
- Travel pillow